Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   Queries
  Belle (King) Bailey/Maude Bailey/Shadrack Ferrell

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  Karen Bailey Leopardi
      Karen Bailey Leopardi
Belle (King) Bailey/Maude Bailey/Shadrack Ferrell
Guest_Karen Bailey Leopardi
Can anyone help me find who my GG Grandmother really was? This is what I can tell you.

Her name is Isabell or Isabelle or Isabella, but she was called "Belle". She was born around the Civil War era. I have seen her date of birth somewhere between 1860 to 1863. She was born in Linden, Roane Co, ??WV??, according to her death certificate. Her parents were (according to her death certificate) David and Elizabeth (Boggs) King. I have never been able to locate a birth certificate when I come to WV.

She married my GG Grandfather, William Henry Bailey, on April 20, 1884 in Roane Co, WV. They were married by Addison Howard Bailey (a relative who was also a circuit riding preacher). She died on August 5, 1949 and according to her tombstone, 87y 8m 4d. She is supposingly buried in the Boggs Cemetery on Flat Run, but my uncle said he help to dig her grave when she died and she is not buried there (even though there is a tombstone). She is buried in the Young Cemetery beside her daughter Alice (Bailey) Taylor. It was said that when Isabelle was being buried, Alice fell over dead of a heart attack and so they buried her a few days later. I am hoping that since this was just a little over 50 years ago, that maybe someone really knows the story.

William Henry and Isabelle also had a daughter in which I have not found much info on. Apparently, she did not like the farming way of life and married a John? Shriver. I'm not sure, but she may have also moved on from that marriage for a job in town with a Dr and his family. Maude or Modd would have been born about 1903 or so.

My Grandparents lived in the Smithfield District on the boarder of Roane/Calhoun Counties. They lived on Duck Run. What was the name of the school at the mouth of Duck that my dad would have attended? Are they any pictures??

I am also interested in a Shadrack Ferrell that may have been about 35 at the start of the 1900's. If anyone has info on him, please let me know.

Thank you for looking into my questions.

Karen

Originally posted Jul 14 2006, 05:11 AM from IP: 4.131.39.238
Posted on: 2007/9/3 20:46
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: Belle (King) Bailey/Maude Bailey/Shadrack Ferrell
Not too shy to talk
From
I may be able to help you a little with info re Shade Ferrell. Contact me at RJNida@charter.net.

Jack Nida
RCHS

Originally posted Jul 15 2006, 05:10 AM
Posted on: 2007/9/3 20:48
  •  KathyFarrarGreen
      KathyFarrarGreen
Just popping in
From Plainfield, IL
Karen,

Did you find the information on Shadrack Ferrell that you were looking for? I actually have a 1870 US Census Record that shows him living with my ancestors in Washington Township, Kanawha County. I am interested in his connection to them. The head of the family was Charles Preston, married to my GGGG-grandmother, Elizabeth Raines Farrar Preston, and her children. I am attaching a JPEG of image of the Census.

Regards,

Kathy

Attached file: jpg  Charles Preston 1870 Census.jpg (606.87 KB)

67_483441e8459bf.jpg 2400X3102 px
Posted on: 2008/5/21 17:38
  •  RickyNJ58
      RickyNJ58
Just popping in
From
William Henry Bailey is a 4th cousin of mine.

I am looking for information on his children especially Waitman Bailey
Posted on: 2008/7/1 0:06
Just popping in
From
Shadrack W. Ferrell was married to a Molly S. Reynolds who died in childbirth in 1892. Molly Reynolds is the sister of my mother's great-grandfather, but I have no information on whether or not any children were born prior to her death, or if the baby survived.

I have no additional information on Shadrack.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 22:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.