Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   Queries
  info on davidson w ross or reese a ross

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  mark
      mark
info on davidson w ross or reese a ross
Not too shy to talk
From weston
hi my name is mark ross,i started working on the family tree this past fall while i was layed off due to the weather in wv,and got HOOKED (it sure is great fun).Reese is my g.g.g.grandfather and any info. or photos that you can give my will be so appreciated, also anything on davidson w.ross. i still have 1 aunt and 1 uncle still living on the ross side they are both up in age and their memory is not that good.
thank you
mark ross
oldwestonglass@yahoo.com
Posted on: 2010/6/6 22:32
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  richard
      richard
Re: info on davidson w ross or reese a ross
Webmaster
From
I don't have any firsthand knowledge of this family, but be sure to check this history of the Ross family from Bishop's on the Roane County WVGenWeb site. Also, see this Don Norman file on the Decendants of Rease A. Ross on the Hacker's Creek Pioneer Descendants site.

Two things I'll mention regarding getting information from you elder living relatives.

First, take every chance you can to interview them, and don't wait. You never know when the chance will be gone forever. I've made that mistake.

Second, if at all possible, take a paper copy of your research and encourage them to look at it. The visual aids can stimulate memories and connections. While asking directly about someone may draw a blank look or a shake of the head, seeing the same name in a family chart can bring out something like "Oh, that was Uncle ... He used to..."

Good luck in your searches.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 20:30
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.