Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   Queries
  Thompson/Eisman Family of Geary District

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  Kimiray
      Kimiray
Thompson/Eisman Family of Geary District
Just popping in
From
I am looking for any information on the Thompson and Eisman/Eismon family of Geary Distrist, Roane Co. Harmon Eisman was married to Hannah and they had 3 children that I know of, Henrietta b: 1848, Christianna b: 1850 and Samuel Peter Eisman b: either 1852 or 1855. They were all born in VA and the last two were born in Amherst Co. VA. I believe they moved to Roane Co. sometime after 1860. Not sure when Hannah the mother/wife died, before or after their move to Roane Co.
Harmon is in the 1870 Census, Geary District. He is living with a Jane Campbell and the next year he married her. They were both widowed. Her full name was Sarah Jane Harvey Campbell Eisman. Eisman is spelled many different ways, but on Sarah Jane's death record it's listed as Eismond.
In the 1880 Census it's Harmon Iceman and Sarah J. I know Sarah died in 1883, but don't know what happened to Harmon after this. Did he live out his life and die in Roane Co. and if so why are there no records of his death?
Henrietta married Thomas Lemuel Thompson. We aren't sure if they married in Amherst Co., but believe them to have married in Roane Co, between 1865 and 1867. Thomas Thompson moved to Roane Co. and harvested timber. Our family says he had a sawmill there but I don't know if that's true or not. They had 11 children that lived and I believe Henrietta died in 1894. They are in the 1870 and 1880 Census in Geary Dist. Both Thomas and Henrietta were members of the Hazelwood Baptist Church.
Christianna married Thomas McGlothlin in 1869 and they lived in Roane Co, around Looneyville for most of their lives I believe. She lived to be 93 years old. Our family called her Aunt "T".
Samuel Peter Eisman married Pheobe Verlene Bailey in Calhoun Co in 1876. He lists his birthplace as Amherst Co. and his residence as Roane Co, although I wasn't able to find him in the 1870 Census. He lived most of his life in Calhoun Co.
Six months ago I only knew Henrietta as my 2nd great grandmother so all of this has been wonderful to find. Would love to have any info. on any of these families.
Posted on: 2007/12/15 5:10
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  RickyNJ58
      RickyNJ58
Re: Thompson/Eisman Family of Geary District
Just popping in
From
Phoebe Verlene Bailey
Oct 07, 1859

I am a third cousin of hers.
I have data on her Bailey side if interested.
Posted on: 2008/7/1 0:26
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.