Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   Queries
   Mariah Deliah Smith Ogden Harold: My GGgrandmother

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  LindaCottrellLiss
      LindaCottrellLiss
Re: Mariah Deliah Smith Ogden Harold: My GGgrandmother
Officer
From
Hi, Linda:
Firstly, I am not directly related to this particular Smith family, but indirectly to the Harold/Harrold's. Some of them are buried at my Cottrell Family's cemetery at Oka, Calhoun Co., WV.

Anyway, I do have a bit of additional info on the Abraham and Elizabeth (Mitchell?) Smith of your ancestral line. I have that Abraham Smith was born 28 Mar 1799 in Greene Co., PA and died after 1880 in Middleton, Henry Co., Indiana. They are found in the 1850 & 1860 census of Marion Co., VA(WV) with 9 children. Maria (Mariah) was listed age 14 in 1850. Sometime between August 1860 & Aug. 1870 the Smith's moved to Fall Creek, Henry Co., Ind where they both died.

According to an Ancestry.com tree Abraham Smith was the son of Dennis Schmidt (Smith) b. 1738 in Germany and served during the Revolutionary War. Dennis died 27 Aug 1829 in Greene Co., PA & was buried at the Calvary Baptist Church Cem., Lippincott, Greene Co., PA. There is photo of his TS on Find-a-Grave. Further, the tree gives Dennis Smith's wife as Elizabeth Zook, & that she was b. at Bedford Co., PA 13 May 1756 & died 19 Sept. 1845 at Stonelick, Clermont Co., OH & buried at the same Calvary B.C. Cem., however the person maintaining that memorial lists Abraham's birth at a much earlier time-frame....???

Also: Mariah [Smith-Ogden] Harold is buried at the Ogden/Hicks Cem. at Uler, Roane Co. while Jesse Isaac Harold is buried [presently unmarked grave] at the Smith Cem. near Uler on the Newton/Uler/Elana Rd., on the Arnold Smith farm.
He was listed in a 1940 WPA reading of the cemetery, so it must have been marked at that time.

Hope this is helpful; at least if gives you some names to investigate. Linda Cottrell Liss at WVRoots@aol.com
Posted on: 2013/8/2 16:26
Create PDF from Post Print
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Mariah Deliah Smith Ogden Harold: My GGgrandmother LindaCottrellLiss 2013/8/2 16:26
       Re: Mariah Deliah Smith Ogden Harold: My GGgrandmother eking 2013/8/8 19:43
         Re: Mariah Deliah Smith Ogden Harold: My GGgrandmother Linda Ciesielski 2013/8/13 19:48
           Re: Mariah Deliah Smith Ogden Harold: My GGgrandmother Linda Ciesielski 2013/8/14 2:23
             Re: Mariah Deliah Smith Ogden Harold: My GGgrandmother Linda Ciesielski 2013/9/29 22:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.