Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   General Discussion
  First Walton Post Office

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
First Walton Post Office
Quite a regular
From Crossville, Tn.
I'm searching for the location of the First Walton Post Office. I know that it wasn't in Walton but outside of town off McKown Creek Rd, I think on the Fleshman Rd. or farm. But where on this road was it? Down off this road there is a small cemetery that I don't see in the cemetery books. Does anyone know the name of it and whose buried there? John Sinnett was the first postmaster of Walton, serving for seven years. Was this area once known as Droddyville where the post office/general store and boarding house once stood and did this cemetery serve this area? The cemetery is next to the road with a fence around it and from Google earth it doesn't appear to be overgrown since you can see the headstones. Does anyone have information on this area?
Posted on: 2011/3/23 15:28
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  jmertens
      jmertens
Re: First Walton Post Office
Just popping in
From Iowa
I can not tell you the location of the first Walton Post office but I can tell you that in 1844 My ggguncle James Boothe wrote to my gggrandfather, Charles Boothe "Direct your letter to Walton post office." A letter written in 1855 from their brother John Boothe was addresses to James Boothe, Jackson Co., VA Ripley Post office.

I would like to find deeds to put their location in Roane Co. I would be interested in the location of the Walton Post Office.

Joyce Mertens
Posted on: 2011/9/1 4:32
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.