Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   General Discussion
  Publications, Books for the future

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  richard
      richard
Re: Publications, Books for the future
Webmaster
From
Wow! I think you hit on all the reasons that were behind the site upgrade, busy schedules, distance, and community interaction in spite of those obstacles.

I'm hoping that we will be able to use the capabilities of this new tool to enable some collaborative projects, so people from different places, with different schedules can work on a project. There are a lot of possibilities that might not be immediately obvious from the top level, where we can create some more private areas for specific groups that might want to work on projects. It really is a whole new world, so let the imagination roam free.
Posted on: 2007/11/8 17:52
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  auquachick
      auquachick
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio
I am not sure what it is linked to, I know that people are busy as I am with life in general, but It would be nice to get some more publications from the society because they are so helpful. I wish I lived down there, because I so would be doing something to help. I am glad to see the new website, It's much better than the previous ones. At least now you can have some interaction on it.
Posted on: 2007/11/7 20:59
  •  richard
      richard
Webmaster
From
Lisa, first let me just extend a warm welcome!

I've heard of a few people working on new things, but I think most are in busy times at the moment and are looking at those long winter nights as the season where things will get finished.

As to the idea of a new Ancestor Chart book, I'd have to say, I enjoy those. The second one didn't sell as well as hoped, but I don't really know the figures and computations involved to understand if that was a lack of interest or an overly optimistic forecast. I do know I've heard the comment more than once that people would like to be able to publish corrections. After a few years, I suspect lots of people would
Posted on: 2007/11/6 21:57
  •  auquachick
      auquachick
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio
Would You be willing to fill out an Ancestor Chart and submit it? Could Carol put one for people to copy, fill out and mail back in with the next Journal? When the Society gets enough couldn't they print them in a new book?
How much work would that entail?
Any Ideas or suggestions people?
Posted on: 2007/11/5 22:17
  •  Lisa Carper Stott
      Lisa Carper Stott
Publications, Books for the future
Guest_Lisa Carper Stott
I think it would be nice to continue with the cemetery books and I think that there should be a new ancestor chart book.

I am sure we have plenty of member who would agree. Those books are very handy.

Originally posted Jun 6 2007, 07:38 PM from IP: 64.12.117.11
Posted on: 2007/9/3 20:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.