Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   Queries
  John William Looney and table made from Robert Looney's boat

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  Joe Looney
      Joe Looney
John William Looney and table made from Robert Looney's boat
Just popping in
From
Hi All,

My name is Joe Looney and I'm trying to track down a piece of Looney family history that is likely in Roane County.

I saw a photo from the Buchanan County (Virginia) Historical Society on their FB page - the photo was from a 1941 Looney family reunion held in Grundy VA. The photo showed my grandfather J. Paris Looney of Grundy holding a table with John William Looney of Spencer. Supposedly that table was made from Robert Looney's boat that he sailed up the Poca to get to Roane County about 1839. I'd love to know if that table still exists and if so, who has the honor of holding it.

I've used Ancestry and Family Search to track down some direct descendants of John William Spencer including Ernest Ward Looney Sr., Ernest Ward Looney Jr., and others. I would be interested if any Looney family members in Roane County today know what happened to that table or where it might be if it still exists. Does anyone on the forum know anything about this or can put me in contact with knows? Thanks very much!
Posted on: 2021/2/12 23:12
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.