Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   General Discussion
  My West Virginia Family

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  Linda Ciesielski
      Linda Ciesielski
My West Virginia Family
Not too shy to talk
From
Robert F. Ogden a son of William B. and Sarah Ann Elizabeth (McIntire) Ogden, was born November 22, 1833 and died at Winchester,Va in the Civil War in 1863.

On March 3, 1857 in Marion County, VA he married Mariah Deliah Smith, the daughter of Abraham & Elizabeth Smith (the Smith family came to Marion County WV from Green County, Pa.) After Robert & Mariah's marriage they moved to Roane County WV.
Their children: William Wesley Ogden (b1857 d1930), Harrison B. Ogden (b. 1859 d. unknown.), Mary Angeline Ogden (b1862 d 1891).

William Wesley Ogden is my Great Grandfather. He married Margaret T. Chewning (Maggie) 8/6/1885. They had three children; Robert Kellis Ogden, Clara, & Ufa Maud. My Great Aunts died in youth, however, they were listed in the 1900 Census.

The Ogden men were good business men. William Wesley & his son Kellis had many business ventures.

I remember my grandfather Kellis Ogden (Poppy Ogden) with much love in my heart. I remember my first experience with grief. A November morning in 1952 when I awoke & walking into the living room to find my mother crying. My Poppy had died. I was five years old. The Patriarch of our family was no longer here. But the strength of The Ogden Men was passed on to their children. My mom, Virginia; her sister, Ruth; & her brother, Bowman. Along with their spouses have passed the same strength to their children.

Along with many of my other relatives: The Bishops, Keens, Kings, Tawneys, Foxes, Wilsons, Smiths, Harolds, McIntires, Chewnings, Jarvis/Trumans, Hildreths, Snograss', Hickels, Hicks, Huffmans, Caldwells/Carrs, Kincaids & the list goes on to ALL WEST VIRGINIA PIONEERS. I'm proud to be part of YOU.

Linda
Posted on: 2013/9/30 1:36
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.