Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   Queries
  Pickerell / Rader roots, Mariah Rader and Levi Pickerell

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
Re: Pickerell / Rader roots, Mariah Rader and Levi Pickerell
Just popping in
From
The full text of John House's books on Roane and Jackson Counties are available to read on my website: www.wvpioneers.com

The Wirt County marriage record book I have shows:
9/28/1848
Levi Tichnell
Maria Walker, d/o Joseph Rader

I would hope that if you got a copy from the courthouse, it would contain all the information, but I did have to return a few one time and ask that they add ALL data to it, because the new form had no place for some of the data that I knew was in the record.

Good luck!
Betty
Posted on: 2007/12/2 13:10
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Elyandra
      Elyandra
Pickerell / Rader roots, Mariah Rader and Levi Pickerell
Guest_Elyandra
Looking for primary proof that Mariah Rader, wife of Macklin Walker and Levi Pickerell, Jr. was the daughter of Joseph Rader and Mariah Rayburn.

Also looking for the following death records:
1. Death record of Mariah (RADER) WALKER PICKERELL
2. Death record of her second husband, Levi PICKERELL, Jr.
3. Death record of Susan Elizabeth (SIMS) PICKERELL, wife of Andrew Jackson PICKERELL (son of Levi and Mariah).
4. Death record of Levi PICKERELL, Sr.
5. Death record of Susannah Rosannah (HITT) PICKERELL

Also if anyone would check John A. House's book "Pioneers in Roane Co., WV: Historical notes on the Early Settlement of Reedy Valley, with notice of Pioneers of Spring Creek and West Fork" published 1906 in the Roane Co., WV Genealogy section or at the WV Archives (I think they have copy), I'd gladly pay for any copies if they contained information on Mariah RADER, Macklin WALKER, Levi PICKERELL, Jr. or any of her children with either husband. Also any information on Joseph RADER and his wife Martha RAYBURN or Levi PICKERELL, Sr. and Susannah Rosannah HITT.

I have all of their census data. Here is what I have on Mariah RADER m. 1. Macklin WALKER, m. 2. Levi PICKERELL, Jr.

Mariah RADER was born on 13 October 1815 in Mason Co., Virginia and died 3 October 1875 in West Virginia probably near Roane Co., West Virginia as she is buried in Good Hope Baptist Cemetery, near Reedy, Roane Co., West Virginia.

Mariah RADER married Macklin WALKER on 18 July 1833 in Jackson Co., VA (Jackson Co., WV Marriage book 1A 1831-1850 pg 6). She had 5 children by first husband: Samantha WALKER, William Parkinson WALKER (b. 14 May 1834), Elizabeth Catharine WALKER (b. 3 August 1838), Susan Margaret WALKER (b. 5 November 1840), and Roselyn WALKER (b. abt. 1843).

Macklin died between 31 August 1843 - 7 July of 1844 in Jackson Co., West Virginia (Jackson Co., Will Book 1 (1804-1880) pages 296 and 297 states he was alive enough to recieve payment from someone else's estate first started in 31 August 1843 and settled 22 July 1844, page 331 of same record shows the appraisement of Macklin WALKER's estate dated 7 July 1844, the sale or settlement of such estate listed on same document pages 332-333 listed as 25 April 1845).

It is not unfeesable that Mariah, being faced with the concept of raising several young children on her own would have decided to remarry, especially in this time frame. Mariah RADER was remarried to Levi PICKERELL, Jr. on 21 September 1848 in Wirt Co., West Virginia by Thomas Cain. Three of her younger children by the prior marriage are listed in the household of Levi Pickerell, Jr. and one of her children, Elizabeth Walker is listed as age 12 in the household of Mariah's parents, Joseph RADER and Martha RAYBURN (1850 census District 70, Wirt Co., VA, household 236-236: Head of house Joseph Rader).

On source for her second marriage he is listed as Livi TICHNELL and she as Maria WALKER. This would make sense because she was the Widow of Macklin WALKER.

Levi PICKERELL Jr. was born 10 December 1822 in Fauquier Co., Virginia to Levi PICKERELL, Sr. and Susannah Rosannah HITT. He died in Roane Co., West Virginia between 1880 and 1900. Levi and Mariah were both buried in Good Hope Baptist Cemetery, near Reedy, Roane Co., West Virginia. Note we went to the cemetery and did not find their stones, but did find little signs from the funeral home on their graves with their information on them. Date of death was clear on Mariah's plaque but there was no listing for Levi PICKERELL, Jr. (JMH).

Please help if you can, I am 5 death sources away from proving this PICKERELL family back to 1782 and the RADER Family back to Immigration.

Originally posted Sep 18 2006, 01:53 PM
Posted on: 2007/9/3 21:22
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.