Remember me

Lost Password?
Want to Register?
Problems?
Contact a Webmaster at: richard@wvroane.org
Visitor Count

View Stats
Please Sign In
To get the most benefit from our forums, please login.
When you are logged in, you can post queries, and join in discussions.
Roane County Historical Society, Inc. Forum Index
   General Discussion
  New Web Site Status Update

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  richard
      richard
New Web Site Status Update
Webmaster
From
Lots of things have happened recently, so here is a list in no particular order:

Added 'Remember Me' box on login so you don't have to keep logging in all the time. This isn't recommended for public computers, but for your home system, it should be fine.

Added the new Surnames module. This was built especially for RCHS, so it is really new! Please report any problems or any suggestions for improvements.

Fixed a configuration issue which made Photos pages about 10 times bigger (hence, slower) than they should have been.

Added notification options. You can subscribe to notifications for certain events so you can find out when things you are interested change. Make sure to check your setting under the Edit Account menu to set your Notification Method to e-mail if you want the notifications sent to your mail box, or private message to get a message here on the site. Of course, to make this work, you have to create an account and login!

Added a site wide RSS newsfeed. Lots of modules have had 'local' RSS buttons, but this is one feed for the whole site. If you've never used a feed reader, you might not appreciate this, but if you have, you'll know how handy it can be to monitor the entire site at a glance along with other news you may want to follow.

Installed latest security patches for Xoops.

I'm sure there is more, but that is all that comes to mind right now.

Enjoy!
Posted on: 2007/10/8 6:18
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  richard
      richard
Some more updates
Webmaster
From
The site got some cosmetic attention today. Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Also, the Cemetery List was added in the Genealogy section. The list had to get edited a bit to fit in the new format, so I hope nothing got too messed up. Please speak up if you notice something wrong. There will be some improvements to this function in the near future, so stay tuned.

Also we've now got some basic timeline events in the Genealogy section. To see an example of these in action click here.
Posted on: 2007/10/14 20:36
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Share This
Share |
Copyright © 2002-2021 Roane County Historical Society, Inc.